Monday, January 18, 2016

2nd Comp

Finally got a second comp, now that I am about to hit the 6 month mark of the mission. His name is Elder Walker, from Huntsville, Alabama. He is a total capo. He was a proffessional white water kayaker (kayakar?) before coming out. He had deals with GoPro and everything. Went to Africa all the time to kayak the Nile and other big rivers out there. Pretty funny guy too. And yes, he has played the "Alabama just won the championship" card to more than one person.

Learning a ton though. Literally all of our appointments have failed this last week, but the spirit has burned stronger than before. We basically have been doing nothing but talking to people on the street and contacting. I have learned that the more you testify of something, the more your testimony of that thing grows. It´s tough walking around in 95 degrees with 95% humidity all day every day, but the time flies. And, at the end of the day, the spirit is totally worth the hours of walking and sweating and getting cussed out and kicked out. I feel kinda the way that Jacob did and described in Jacob 1:19, that my garments are clean of this people. It´s real tough, but totally worth it.

In other news, I burned boiled eggs. When I woke up at 7 on monday, I put some eggs in water in the pot and put it to boil (cuz they always take forever to cook). Then I went to work out, then to shower, then to study. By this point, I had totally forgotten about the eggs. I read something interesting, and looked up to ponder, and saw smoke rising from the pot, like pure black smoke. I ran over to the pot, opened it up, and out came a mushroom cloud of black smoke. When it cleared, I saw two cracked, totally black eggs sitting at the bottom of the smoke stained pot. The water had evaporated and the eggs had totally burnt. Haha I haven´t felt so tonto in a long time.

Anyways, don´t forget to read your scriptures and say your prayers. I know it sounds really cliché, but that´s because they are super important. Those two things can and will get you through whatever trial or difficulty or problem you could ever possibly have in this life. It´s really awesome and amazing.

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment