Tuesday, December 27, 2016

The big city

My watch broke and now I have a really cool tan

Well, as the title says, I´m in the main city now, in Rosario, in the Azcuénaga ward. My new comp is Elder Argyle, from Draper, Utah (my first comp from Utah).

I had a really... unique first day. Normally, the first day is super spiritual, and there are really cool and inspiring stories about missionary work. We had a sweet lesson with a recent convert, but what really made yesterday unique, wasn´t what happened in the streets, or in someone´s house, but what happened in our´s, about our pensh.

When I started my mission in Casilda, my pensh was terrible. I truly did not like it at all. My first weekend, we stayed in our zone leader´s pensh (we had to travel that day), and I thought that their pensh was the best thing in the world. I thought that their pensh was a palace compared with mine. Their pensh, is mine now (no, I´m not a zone leader). In the last year and 4 months, a LOT has changed in that pensh. When we got to our pensh Elder Argyle turns to me and goes "We have a cockroach infestation." I didn´t think much of it, until I opened a drawer to put some clothes in it, and a cockroach scuttled out. That was just the beginning. Long story short, we ended up buying two huge cans of RAID and we fumegated the pensh last night. We killed at least 100 cockroaches, maybe 200. Because of all the poison in the air in our pensh, we decided it would be best not to sleep there. So, we went to our Zone Leader´s pensh and slept there last night. All in all, I can´t complain because our Zone Leader´s have AC, and that I had an amazing night of rest.

I don´t know it any of you remember Elder Ostler, but he is one of my Zone Leader´s now, and is in my district. I´m really excited for this transfer.

Elder Yaques (my trainer) goes home tonight. I can´t believe he´s already done. It feels like it was just yesterday that I showed up to the mission home in Rosario and we met. We were on the bus ride together from Venado Tuerto to Rosario, I was with him for his last 4 1/2 hrs before he went to the mission home. He was a fantastic missionary. He will be missed.

I love my area so far. We have one investigator who will be getting baptized the 21st. She and her less active boyfriend will get married the 20th of January. Her name is Sandra.

I´m really excited. This area is gonna be great!

Elder Brown

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is afoolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by bsmall and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.  And the Lord God doth work by ameans to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very bsmall means the Lord doth cconfound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment