Friday, August 21, 2015

The Weeks are Flying By

These weeks are literally by.

Tons of great stuff has gone down. We (the MTC choir) sang with the Nashville Tribute Band. If you've never heard of them, they are a LDS gospel band that sing about Jesus and Joseph Smith. They are a really talented group. Apparently a lady I used to live by has an ex-husband in the band. On Tuesday, the choir sang again for a devotional with Larry Echo Hawk, the first Native American member of the 70. When the men had our intro into the song we sang, the camera panned directly on me, and I realized that someone had stuck a spoon in my tie when I saw myself on the screen. So the whole MTC got a nice view of the idiot with a spoon in his tie. Hopefully it wasn't too noticeable. His talk was awesome though. He told a cool story of a mission that was in his area in the Philippines. He said that it was the highest baptizing mission in the church, and when he went to find out why, he discovered that everyone there was exactly obedient. That combined with literally every single RM telling me to be completely obedient, has made me think there must be some sort of pattern or lesson to be learned here...

We are finally diving into doctrine and teaching skills in class. The first few weeks were centered on Spanish so that we would be able to teach, and now we are learning how to teach. So we are all having really awesome revelations and insights into how to teach and the Spirit is really starting to blossom within us.

We have been doing a temple session every P-Day as a District. Going through the temple and doing a session as a missionary is so fantastic. The spirit is crazy in the celestial room when all us missionaries are there. There is just such a powerful spirit of love that is felt. Is so intense and amazing.

Anyway, my testing and knowledge of the gospel is growing so much stronger and stronger every day. Being forced to learn the basics to teach them to others makes one learn them and make deeper connections than they ever had before. I love it. I testify that this Gospel is true, and that nothing and nobody will be able to do anything to slow it or stop it. So we might as well be a part of it. I am so grateful I have the opportunity to be a part of it and help others to come unto Christ and receive eternal glory and eternal life with their families. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love,
Elder Brown

Moses 1:39

No comments:

Post a Comment