Tuesday, August 23, 2016

6 more



This morning we accidenlty learned how to make pudding. Elder Sousa tried to make some sort of Brazilian food, but, what he though was corn flour, was corn starch. When he stopped stirring what he thought was going to be dough, that turned out to be a pudding-like substance, we put dulce de leche (something similar to liquid carmel) and cinnamon and it turned out really good.

As the first paragraph suggests, Elder Sousa and I are together for another transfer. Pretty hype and excited. 

An Elder in our district (Elder Cook) is gonna train a new Elder, so, since Elder Sousa is the district leader, Elder Cook is hanging out with us until tomorrow. It´s honestly been pretty weird contacting with three people. People get scared of us when there´s only two of us, but, with three, we give heart attacks.

Elder Cook is nuts. He woke us up early this morning so he could cut my hair. It was his first time cutting hair, and very obviously so. I guess it wouldn´t have turned out too bad, had my clippers not broken halfway through the hair cut. So, it was a disaster. Ended up having to finish with just scissors for all my hair, even the sides.



Don´t have any super solid investigators for now. We thought we had found some GOLDEN investigators, a mother and daughter (the father died). The mother, named Norma Sequiera, said she hates going to her church but goes because she thinks we should go to church to show our love for God. The daughter, Leonela Morello, totally opened up to us, telling us how much it touched her when we contacted her and told her that Heavenly Father loves her. We thought they were golden, until we called on Saturday to remind them about church and she said "We don´t like that people impose rules and stuff on us, and I hate waking up early on Sunday´s. Besides, my mom already goes to a church. I´m still interested, but, she´s not that interested." Hopefully we can help them out.

Had a sweet lesson last night with Mariano Pace. He is the brother of a recent convert. He doesn´t believe in God, but, says that he really wants to believe "like we do." He´s a good guy. Said he´ll go to church this Sunday. I have faith he´ll stick to what he said.

We´ve been brainstorming a lot about how to work more efficiently with the members, and have a bunch of ideas we´re really to implement!

Elder Brown

Doctrine and Covenants 38:7-8
 But behold, verily, verily, I say unto you that mine eyesare upon you. I am in your midst and ye cannot see me;
 But the day soon cometh that ye shall see me, and know that I am; for the veil of darkness shall soon be rent, and he that is not purified shall not abide the day

No comments:

Post a Comment