Monday, April 10, 2017

Rainy Season

Last year, it rained every single day from March 31st to April 21st. This year, I thought we would luck out a bit, cuz it didn´t rain for the first few days of April. Well, that was just the first the first few days. The rain has begun.

This week flew by. We finally started finding new investigators. We have broken the curse. In this last week, we were able to find 10 solid new investigators. Unfortunately, when it rains, everyone here sleeps in super late. It doesn´t matter what the occasion is, nobody does anything. So, we didn´t have any investigators in church, yesterday, but, we have made a plan to get people to go rain or shine. We shall see how well it works.

I think the biggest thing I am learning from this area is how to be truly humble. My main referrence for humility has always been Mosiah 4 :11, in which it is stated "would that ye should remember, and always retain inremembrance, the greatness of God, and your own nothingnessand his goodness and longsuffering towards you, unworthy creatures, and humble yourselves even inthe depths of humilitycalling on the name of the Lord daily," without ever taking into consideration what Jesus said "Thou shalt love thyneighbour as thyself." (Mat. 22:39). I had always taken what King Benjamin had said to mean that I had to see myself lower than everything, even other people. What I learned this last week, is that yes, I should see myself as nothing compared to the Savior Jesus Christ, but that I still need to love myself. Pres. Uchtdorf said in a general conference, quoting C.S. Lewis, "True humility isn´t thinking less of your self; it´s thinking of yourself less." I had misinterepeted that one too. I had taken it to mean I should love and think only of others. I now know that I need not only to love and serve and think of others, but, love and help myself too. That is the way to be a leader. Love and serve others as you love and serve yourself.

Love you all!!
Elder Brown

Mosiah 3:19
19 For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

Mosiah 2:41
17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the serviceof your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.

No comments:

Post a Comment