Monday, January 23, 2017

Time sure flies




Azcuénaga


The flag monument


I am without a chair for nowLeo passed his baptismal interview!! So he´ll get baptized this Saturday!! His little brother, Santiago, will have his interview this Saturday, and will get baptized the next! Things are going really well here!!


Elder Argyle is teaching me a lot. Even though I trained two Elders from his group, and have been out in the field for more time, and was taught more about the gospel in my home, he is teaching me tons of stuff. Mostly about how to always have fun and work hard at the same time. He´s a really good missionary.

We had a SWEET contact on Saturday. Saturday morning was really slow, and we pretty much just ended up contacting because all of our plans fell through. My contacts honestly were trash, and Elder Argyle gave me some tips. Basically just saidI should change my contacts every time and try not to repeat. That turned out to be really helpful. At about 6:30, when we were heading to the baptismal interview (that was to be held at 7), I felt like we had to contact one more house before leaving our area to go to the church building were the interview would take place. We contacted a house, and I felt really strongly like I had to be super smiley and happy, like to the point were a normal person would get weirded out by so much smiling. So I did, the guy came out, and I felt like I had to say something that I hadn´t ever said before in a contact. So, I scrambled my mind, and the first thing that I thought of was to talk about wind. So, I started to talk about wind haha. I am sure the guy was thinking that I was nuts, and I prolly would have too if some 19 year old kids knocked on my door and started talking about wind. But, the guy seemed to be down with it.

Then I felt like I needed to talk about how grateful I am for the Atonement and that I will be able to live with my family forever, even though I haven´t lost a family member that was really close. The man looked like he wanted to say something, and so I stopped talking. He then told us about how he had lost his mother recently and had lost his wife a fews years back. We quickly taught a bit about the resurrection and eternal families, and he invited us to go back. We gave him a pamphlet about the Plan of Salvation, and he said he would read it. He said that 3 or 4 times. It was awesome. I felt the spirit really strong. We are going back today in the afternoon. I´m pretty excited.

Elder Brown

1 Corinthians 15:20-22
 20 But now is aChrist brisen from the dead, and become the cfirstfruits of them that slept. 21 For since by man came adeath, by man came also the bresurrection of the dead. 22 For as in aAdam all bdie, even so in cChrist shall all be made dalive.

No comments:

Post a Comment