Monday, January 16, 2017

Victoria and Junior from Venado Tuerto got baptized!

Bought a new memory card (virus free) and I will start to send pictures once again.

Good news: Victoria and Junior from Venado Tuerto got baptized!! 😁🎉

More good news, those three boys that have the baptismal date for the 28th went to church, even though it was raining cats and dogs yesterday!!

One of them though, Lucas (13), is struggling a little bit. He is having a lot of doubts about whether he wants to get baptized or not. So, please be praying for him.

His brothers though, Leo and Santi, are doing great and are SUPER prepared!!

This week we were able to program (give baptismal dates to) two children of less active families. One of these kids, Matias Acuña, is the son of a man who served in the Bahía Blanca Argentina Mission. This man, Hno. Acuña, wants to get active again really bad, and is more than willing to help his kids get baptized. Prayers for his daughter Silvia would be appreciated. She is 12 and is deciding if she wants to be baptized too with her brothers (the youngest is 7, Gabriel and will turn 8 the 23rd of February). Matias and Gabriel will get baptized the 25th.

The other kid that has a date is Milagros Barrios (it was the friend of her brothers to whom my comp rapped). She has the date of the 18th of February. But, I do not know if she will make that date, mainly because her mom isn´t showing much interest. Pray for them too please.

My new area is really awesome. I feel like I got picked up out of Venado Tuerto and dropped off in an area molded perfectly, just for me. I feel like I am seeing WAY more results here for my efforts than in my other areas. It is honestly hard to get out of my comfort zone now and progress because I feel like this area is just perfect for what I am. I feel like the Lord has prepared me in my other areas to get ready for this area. I know I need to give more so this area can become the best it can be. I really love this place.
Elder Brown
Mosiah 2:9-17 (how to be a good leader)

 And these are the words which he aspake and caused to be written, saying: My brethren, all ye that have assembled yourselves together, you that can hear my words which I shall speak unto you this day; for I have not commanded you to come up hither to btrifle with the words which I shall speak, but that you should chearken unto me, and open your ears that ye may hear, and your dhearts that ye may understand, and your eminds that the fmysteries of God may be unfolded to your view.
 10 I have not commanded you to come up hither that ye should fear ame, or that ye should think that I of myself am more than a mortal man.
 11 But I am like as yourselves, subject to all manner of infirmities in body and mind; yet I have been chosen by this people, and aconsecrated by bmy father, and was suffered by the hand of the Lord that I should be a ruler and a king over this people; and have been kept and preserved by his matchless power, to serve you with all the might, mind and strength which the Lord hath granted unto me.
 12 I say unto you that as I have been suffered to aspendmy days in your service, even up to this time, and have not sought bgold nor silver nor any manner of riches of you;
 13 Neither have I suffered that ye should be confined in dungeons, nor that ye should make slaves one of another, nor that ye should murder, or plunder, or steal, or commit adultery; nor even have I suffered that ye should commit any manner of wickedness, and have taught you that ye should keep the commandments of the Lord, in all things which he hath commanded you—
 14 And even I, myself, have alabored with mine own bhands that I might serve you, and that ye should not be claden with taxes, and that there should nothing come upon you which was grievous to be borne—and of all these things which I have spoken, ye yourselves are witnesses this day.
 15 Yet, my brethren, I have not done these things that I might aboast, neither do I tell these things that thereby I might accuse you; but I tell you these things that ye may know that I can answer a clear bconscience before God this day.
 16 Behold, I say unto you that because I said unto you that I had spent my days in your service, I do not desire to boast, for I have only been in the service of God.
 17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn awisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the bserviceof your cfellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.

No comments:

Post a Comment