Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Progreso

So for a few weeks, we had been without solid investigators. We pretty much spent all our time contacting. On Thursday, we did splits with our Zone Leaders, and the elder that I was with taught me a lot. We started aplying what we had learned, and found a lot of really good potential investigators. One of which is proving to be really fruitful.
Victoria Sosa (20ish) and Griselda Ramírez (56). We contacted Griselda on Saturday, and went by her house on Monday, yesterday afternoon. She has had a really tough life. Lost her husband. Both parents. A few of her kids. A few aunts and uncles. All of which she cared for in their last moments of life. She currently lives with two grandkids and a son and a great-grandson. One of these grandkids is Victoria (her grandson went into his room when we showed up, so I don´t know his name). So, we struck up a conversation with both of them. We were about to start the lesson, when we heard someone clapping out front, and Victoria said "Oh! I sure hope that´s Florencia(19)! We are planning on taking our babies to the park today!" (they both have baby boys that are one month apart) She threw open the door, and I thought it would be some random girl named Florencia, but, to my surprise and grand excitement, it was a less-active member with whom we have been working for a few months.
We started the lesson with Florencia, and she proved to be a great ally and a HUGE help. Towards the end of the lesson, I thought about inviting them to be baptized, but felt scared because Griselda didn´t seem really interested in changing religion. But, I decided to invite them anyways. And Victoria said "Yes. I went to a Jehova´s Witness church before, but, something about it just didn´t feel right. Florencia and I are gonna go to your church this week, and, if I like it, then yes, I´ll get baptized." She is probably the most solid investigator that has accepted a date in this area. And she already has friends that are members, and Florencia was able to be a tool to help us, and hopefully this inspires her to start doing the right things again and making some good choices to be and example for her friend, Victoria. She has a date for the 7th of January.
I am loving this area. I hope I will still be here in this area for her baptism. The work here is really picking up!!
Elder Brown
Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and of a good acourage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the bLord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not cfail thee, nor dforsake thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment