Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Alberdi

These last six weeks flew by so fast. I feel like Elder Terrell just barely got to Azcuénaga, and that I too just got there, even though I left Venado Tuerto December 26th. Time really flies.

I actually am no longer in the Azcuénaga ward. I got transferred. I am still in the city of Rosario though. I am now in a ward/ neighborhood called Alberdi. It´s about 5 minutes away from where I was in Azcuénaga. I´ve even got some of the same streets. But, it feels like a totally different world.  The layout is really different. In Azcuénaga, the streets were really orderly and neat. Here, they change direction at random, names change out of nowhere. It kind of reminds me a bit of the states. Here, in Argentina, the streets are normally about 100 meters apart, and are really straight, which forms blocks. A neighborhood is a group of blocks. Subdivisions are really, really rare here. So rare, in fact, that I have only seen one in my whole mission. Normally, the blocks are really perfect and orderly. Here though, like I said, it is totally random, even though I am in one of the richest (and in some places, this poorest) parts of Rosario.

My new comp is Elder Doolin. He´s from Cedar City, Utah, my second comp from Utah.

My last week in Azcuénaga was awesome.  I think I left that area in the best condition out of all my areas. In April, there will be at least 4 baptisms (there are a total of 9 that have accpeted a baptismal date for the month of April, but, 5 of them are kinda iffy).

Lorena and Ulises Guardo. I have spoken of them a few times. They are making a ton of progress, and are pretty excited to get baptized the 8.

Leonel and Mara (Leonel´s aunt) are on fire. They both are reading the Book of Mormon and are praying. They will get baptized the 15th.

Here in Alberdi, we´ve got 5 investigators that have accepted the invitation to be baptized the 29th of April, and Elder Doolin says that we have 4 or 5 more that could get baptized in April too.

Elder Brown

Moroni 7: 33
  33 And Christ hath said: aIf ye will have bfaith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is cexpedient in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment