Monday, March 27, 2017

The Joseph Smith Bible

This new area is awesome! The ward is great. The members here work really hard. I love it.

Our main investigators are the Mir´s (their last name is Russian, and they all went nuts when I told them that I have a little sister from Russia). They went to church as a family yesterday for the first time and just loved it. He (the father, Pablo) has been working as a taxi driver for the last 7 years. He has a lot of really crazy stories. If anyone decides to move to Rosario, I recommend not being a taxi driver.

They all are reading the Book of Mormon, and they get along really well with a lot of members  here in our ward. Pablo is a bassist in a heavy metal group, and there (surprisingly) are a lot of members here that like heavy metal. I, personally, am not a fan. We get along well anyway´s though, and they are progressing a lot.

Our ward mission leader was born in Utah, and raised in Las Vegas. He and his wife are capo´s. They have seen big wards in the States, and they know what it takes to have that kind of ward, and are willing to do what is necessary to do to achieve that. They are hard workers.

Yesterday, we were walking in the street, and a car stopped right next to us, and a super buff guy jumped out of his car and started heading towards us. It was 8:30 ish at night. Naturally, I thought he was gonna try to rob us. He reached out his hand towards me, and I thought he was gonna try to punch me. Something miraculous happened though. He said "Do you have a Bible you could give me? You know, a Joseph Smith Bible?" We said "Of course!!" We gave him a "Joseph Smith Bible" (a Book of Mormon), and wrote down his address. We will try to pass by this weekend.

Speaking of this weekend... don´t forget to watch conference!! General Conference here is all afternoon long. From 1-3, 5-7, and 9-11. The times are a little better in the states haha, but, it´s still amazing though, even though it goes a little late.

I really just absolutely love being a missionary. I love being happy and making others feel happy too.

Elder Brown

Moses 1:39
39 For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.

Making asado with our Zone Leader´s in Azcuénaga

Milanesa´s with oats instead of bread crumbs
Elder Doolin and I

No comments:

Post a Comment