Monday, July 3, 2017

Seeker's and Bludger's

Time really flies when you´re having fun. It also flies when you work hard. It flies even faster when you do both. Time is flying by really fast, but, I don´t think I´ve ever felt more stressed in my life than I do right now.

Have you ever met someone who plays professional quidditch? I have. His name´s Sergio. This last week, we went to Rosario to go on splits up there. We got in a bus after lunch to head back to the pensh of the other Elders, and I saw a guy sitting down with a volleyball. So, I asked him if he played volleyball and he said, "No, why do you ask?" I pointed a the volleyball and said "Cuz you´ve got a volleyball." I don´t think I have ever gotten a bigger look of "For reals bro? Are you that ignorant?" from anyone. He looked at me as if I had just asked him if he were pregnant or something dumb like that. He then said "It´s not a volleyball, it´s a quidditch ball." ...    ...  ... Hahahaha I don´t think I´ve ever had such a strong temptation to bust up laughing. I didn´t though, because I know how it feels. So, he started talking to us about quidditch. He contacted us haha. He gave us his card and everything. His team is called "Wild Wolves Rosario." Look them up. You might find something interesting haha.

Anyways, this was a good week. We acheived most of our goals!!! It was awesome!!

We had a sweet lesson with a new couple, Eliana and Hector. They are 22 and 24 years old. They aren´t married, but, have plans to do so! They are one of the very few none-married couples that is in the process of getting married. We taught the Restoration, and Eliana said "I haven´t been baptized in any church. I want to be baptized though." So, we invited her to be baptized, and she said "Yes, but, I want to go to your church first." ðŸ˜„ We invited her to pray and ask God if she should be baptized and she said "How can I recognize my answer from God?" So, we explained how the Holy Ghost works. They didn´t commit to a date, but, they are ready and willing to act.

Nahuel Rodríguez. 17 year old that we started teaching about a week and a half ago. We had a similar experience with him as we did with Eliana and Hector. He too asked about how he could know if this is what God wants him to do (get baptized and serve a mission). It was sweet.

I had my first investigator in church here yesterday!!!!! Jeremías Mendoza. The other Elder´s in our ward committed him to a date after soccer last Monday. They said "Jeremías, if you get baptized, God will be happy. If you don´t, God will be sad. Do you want god to be happy or sad?" "Happy." "So what are you gonna do?" "Get baptized." "Will you get baptized July 22nd?" "Yes." ðŸ˜†

I love this work. IT is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Elder Brown

D&C 18:15-16
15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many soulsunto me!

No comments:

Post a Comment