Monday, June 26, 2017

Para siempre Dios esté con Vos.

The last photo con Pres. and Sis. Zanni


#azcuenagacrew

The Gilbert Elder´s (Smith, Brown, and Niu)


Raining miracles. "Forget yourself and go to work." Those simple words proved to be miraculous last week.

On Friday morning, we decided to go on special splits with some Elders that have been having some trouble opening their mouths and talking with everyone. So, we went to their area and just talked to EVERYONE we saw in the street. I´m not gonna lie, after about 1 1/2 hours it got tough and stressful because they have downtown in their area and most people that go downtown don´t go their to talk to other people in the street. But, we stuck it out. From 10 to 12 we just talked and talked and talked to everyone. At about 11:50, when we were finishing up, the Elder I was with contacted a woman who said, "Guys, I am going through a really tough time in my life right now. I know that God put you in my path for a reason. I really don´t have time to talk right now because I have to go pick my kid up from school, but, I want you to stop by my house and I want to talk to you." She gave us her addres, and guess what? She´s in my ward! But not my area haha. I hope the other Elder´s over there help her out.

Then, in the afternoon, we went to go visit some callback´s we had. My comp had contacted the mother of the family on Tuesday, and we had contacted the oldest son on Sunday. Our plan actually was to go look for a camera (because my is broken and on Saturday we were gonna travel to another city to say good-bye to Pres. and Sis. Zanni, and I wanted to be able to take pictures with them), but, we had appointments until 6:00 in the afternoon. After we left our last appointment at about 6:05, we both felt like we shouldn´t go to look for a camera. So, we decided to go visit this family. I am so glad that we did.

They´re a family of 8. The parents are: Adriana and Matias. Their kids are: Jasmín (15), Gerónimo (14), Bianca (13), Milva (8), Luisana (7), and Felipe (5). Their neighbor, Gerónimo´s friend, Nahuel (17), was also there. We taught the Restoration. When we talked about the Church of Jesus Christ in these latter days Matias said "This is gonna be the first church we attend where no one gets paid." (At this point we still hadn´t even invited them to go to church :) .) Then, we invited them to get baptized. All of them said yes. We invited them to be baptized July 29th. Adriana then said "Is the 29th a special day in this church?" and we said "It will be a special day when you get baptized." She then said "That day we are going to celebrate Felipe´s 6th birthday. But, we´ll talk to our friends and family to get something worked out for that day." They are golden. We are super excited to work with them!!

Right afterwards, we stopped by the Fábrego´s house. We sang a hymn and had to go. But, before we left, Gisela told us that her boyfriend Andrés wants to start taking the discussions and going to church 😃. That´s huge. That family is so amazing.

Then Saturday. We all went to Pergamino to say good-bye to Pres. and Sis. Zanni. There was 80ish missionaries (half the mission). In the morning, we took pictures and played some games. We then ate lunch and everyone talked. There was about 6 or 7 of my past companions, so it was pretty fun catching up with everyone. We then went to the chapel to have a Q&A/ Face2Face session with them. That lasted for about 4 hours. We then went back to the Cultural Hall. We all stood in one big circle. Pres. and Sis. Zanni bore their final testimonies as missionaries. We then all sang Hymn #293 "Each Life That Touches Ours For Good." I didn´t make it through the first line without breaking out in tears. During these almost two years I have come to love those two so much. They have both helped me out and taught me so much. I don´t think anyone else has ever dropped the cane on me so much in so short a time as they, but, I don´t think I have ever come to love anyone so much in so short a time. I will miss them a lot. But, I know that Pres. and Sis. Allred (the new mission president that gets here June 30th) will also be great. I am really grateful to Pres. and Sis. Zanni for all that they have taught me and for all that I have learned from them. I wish I knew all this before (I would have been a way better child to my parents haha) but, at least I got to learn it early on in my life anyways.

Elder Brown

2 Nephi 31:20

The last photo con Pres. and Sis. Zanni
The Gilbert Elder´s (Smith, Brown, and Niu)
#azcuenagacrew

No comments:

Post a Comment