Monday, June 5, 2017

Things are Improving!

Things are really improving here.

I don´t know if I´ve talked about the Fábrego family. I´ll explain a little bit:
Mercedes (55 more or less, mother & grandmother)
Cristian (35, son of Mercedes)
Gisela (33, daughter of Mercedes, looks just like Ali Taylor)
Gustavo (29, son of Mercedes)
Magalí (14, daughter of Mercedes)
Andrés (26, Gisela´s boyfriend)
Dylan (12, Gisela´s, not Andrés´, son)
Ixa (5, Gisela´s and Andrés´ daughter)
Nicol (3, Gisela´s and Andrés´ daughter)
Mercedes, Cristian, Magalí, and Dylan all got baptized between January and February. Gisela and Andrés can´t get baptized, because they live together and aren´t married, and Gustavo can´t because he still has some struggles with the Word of Wisdom. Andrés does too. Prayers for this family would be greatly appreciated.

We had a sweet lesson with all of them, except Gustavo and Andrés, last night. We were teaching the Plan of Salvation, and the power went out. So, we had a candle light discussion. At the end of our visit, we felt like there was still something more to say or talk about, and I felt like it had to do with Gisela. So, while my comp made some more remarks, I began to think what it could be that we had to say to her. Something came to mind, and, when I opened my mouth to speak, I totally forgot waht I was abot to say, and something totally different came to mind. So, I asked her "Gisela, what would you be wlling to give for your kids?" "Anything, even my life, the most precious thing I can give," was the answer, just like any mother would respond. So, I said, "If Ixa were to go to the Telestial Kingdom, if there was absolutely no way for her to go with you to the Celestial Kingdom, unless you have NIcol die. Would you let a bunch of wicked men torture her and kill her so that Ixa can live with you forever in the Celestial Kingdrom?" She didn´t respond. We saw the wheels turning in her mind, and said, "That´s what Heavenly Father already did for you. He already sent his ONLY son to suffer unimagineable pains and to die, for YOU. He already prepared the way. All you have to do, to make the most of this sacrifice the God made for you, is: have faith in his son Jesus Christ, repent, be baptized by immersion in the Church of Jesus Christ, recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end." She seemed really impressed by what we said, and I am sure that she kept on thinking about that question and our response even after we left. I hope she really gets after it and makes a decision soon as to what she decides to do as far as marriage and baptism go.

Please pray for the following families:
Ledesma
Mayor
Fernández
Ortiz
Fábrego
Rodríguez
and for these kids: Oscar (21), Ruth (20), and Naim (15)

Thank you! Love you all!!

Elder Brown
Helaman 5:12
And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the arock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your bfoundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty cstorm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment