Monday, September 12, 2016

Emergency transfers......?

I think I might have gotten transferred, not too sure though. For the week or so, I have been with Elder Cook. Elder Cook might be my new comp. He was just an Elder in my district last transfer. At the beginning of this transfer, he started to train an Elder from Brazil, who got really, really homesick. So, the new Elder and I switched. He is now with my Brazilian comp, and I am with his trainor and may have gotten transferred to another area within the same branch, Centro 2.

Elder Cook´s from California, and started the mission one transfer after I did, and, he started in Casilda. I met him on his first day in the mission field. He hit his year mark on Friday. We didn´t have any investigators that gave us asado, so, we called and ordered some food. Customer service is terrible here in Argentina. I would explain, but, my time is limited. Yes, Mom, even worse than that time when we went to the drive-thru in Krispy Kreme in Orem, Utah when it was 1 degree outside the last winter when I was home.

This was an awesome week. SO many miracles.

Little children truly do have words given to them that confound the wise and the learned, and that soften hardened hearts.

We had 3 AMAZING lessons this week, all three were AMAZING and not just sweet or amazing because of something a little kid said.

Martina
Belén, Agostina, Francesco, and Martina caption
In one, we were teaching a lady named Belén, her sister Agostina (that looks just like Whitney... Hansen? I think is her new last name), and her nephew named Francesco. We taught them the Plan of Salvation. They had a TON of deep doctrine questions about the kingdoms of glory and resurrection that were hard to answer in a simple and direct way. After about 10 or 15 minutes of unsuccessful attempts to answer their questions, Belén´s 4 year-old whispered something to her. Belén told us all to be quiet, and told her daughter, Martina, to repeat what she said, just louder. She said "I want to go to heaven."... That moment was SUPER powerful. We all felt the spirit really strongly and we told them that what Martina said was the most important thing and is what they should focus on: wanting to go to heaven.

In two distinct lessons with distinct members of the same less- active family, little girls (who are active) said things that left all of us in tears.

Something purely miraculous happened yesterday that left me with a testimony of that if we do everything, and go a little further, God will pour out blessings upon us.

Sebastian and his fam



Saturday July 30th was tough day. Elder Sousa and I taught probably the two best lessons I have ever taught in my entire mission. SUPER strong spirit in both lessons, and yet, both people straight up rejected the message of the Restoration. The rest of the day was spent contacting, with ZERO success. We got the worst rejections that day than any other day of my mission. At 8:50, we were about 10 minutes from the pensh, and started heading home. At 8:55 more or less, we saw a family in the street, and I thought "What the heck? I´ll give it a shot." I gave it a shot, and the dad, named Sebastian, said he would go to church the next day. He showed up with half an hour left in the last hour of church. We found out that he lived in another area, and sent his address to our Zone Leader to send it to the corresponding Zone Leader or area or wherever it had to go, and I forgot about Sebastian.

We had a District Conference (there is no Stake in Venado Tuerto) this weekend, and, on Saturday I met a ton of members from other Branches in the District. On Sunday morning, a short man came up to me and asked me if I remembered him. I recognized him, but, did not remember him, and figured it was a member a I had met on Saturday. He told me he had gone to that church building about a month and a half before, but currently goes to another branch. I then remembered this man and where I had met him. I had met him about a month and a half before, after a long and very dissappointing Saturday in July, and I had not seen him since he showed up late to the church services on Sunday July 31st. I was talking to Sebastian. He informed me that he had been talking to the missionaries for the last several weeks, gone to church a few times, and on Saturday, he will be getting baptized. I was speechless. I felt soooooooooooooo happy and joyful and glad and grateful and excited. He thanked me for talking to him that day and told me he had had some doubts that week about his church and my talking to him led him to the church that has all the answers. He kept thanking me and saying "Thanks to you, this all started. Thank you so much." I am so grateful to have been a part of this man´s conversion process. I am so excited he will be getting baptized Saturday, and now my attitude towards street contacts has totally change. I used to just think of them almost as a chore, now, I view them as a priviledge to help out my bro´s and sisters. I testify that if we give it ALL we got, and then, a little more, that God will bless us with miracles. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.


¡Los quiero a todos!

Elder Brown

2 Nephi 27:23
 For behold, I am God; and I am a God of amiracles; and I will show unto the bworld that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I cwork not among the children of men save it be daccording to their faith.





No comments:

Post a Comment