Monday, September 26, 2016

The worth of a soul is great






My perception got changed drastically as far as that phrase goes. On Saturday morning, we had a sweet lesson with a recent convert, María Rosa Ramírez. She is a single mother of 5 children. She has almost no work. Lives in a... brick hut basically, and almost all of her possesions where given to her by the church. And, her family HATES the LDS Church.
She told us that the night before (Friday night), she got into a super big fight with her family about the whole deal, in the which, in her words "We almost got to blows." She said she has made a ton of changes in her life (because of the gospel), and now has less things and more problems. However, she is happier, and would trade anything for that. She also told us that she feels like she is slipping back to her old self, and doesn´t like that. So, I told her of some stories of some of my pioneer ancestors that got kicked out of their houses, were imprisoned, and persecuted for being Mormon. I explained how grateful her descendents would be to her if she keeps going, and I realized how grateful I am for my great great great great great grandparents that got baptized in Europe and then moved to the States to follow the counsel of the prophets.
Then we started explaining temples and family history work, and my mind thought of Doctrine and Covenants 18:15-16, and I realized just how much that scripture applies to family history work. If we do all we can to do temple work for as many of our deceased family members as we can, our joy will be immensely great with them in the kingdom of heaven.
Elder Brown
Moses 1:39
 39 For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.

No comments:

Post a Comment