Monday, September 5, 2016

Ocupadísimo

More and more things are happening, and I am having less and less time to write. I don´t know how those two things relate so closely.

We helped the sister from the branch that makes me cakes move. I was both glad for the opportunity to serve and sad that I wouldn´t be getting cakes anymore. She moved to Buenos Aires to be a temple worker. She will be missed.

On Friday we had a "Show de talentos." I was enthralled. I have never been entertained by dancing before, but, I was blown away. It was amazing. Of course, Elder Sousa and I did something. We were planning on doing a mini-play with a member of the branch, but, a sister from the district dropped the cane on my comp about using slang (not bad words, just slang), and his character used lots of slang. So, he felt bad and dropped out. So, we put on the song "Hello" (originally by Adele but remixed by some RM´s), and did an improve of missionary life. Complete with a robbery, failed street/ door contacts, and a lesson. It was fun and the crowd was rolling with laughter. My favorite part of the night though, was when 5 or 6 little girls started dancing to "Libre Soy" (Let it Go). I´ll try to send a clip of it. Not sure if it´ll 
work though.

My favorite part though, was Tomas´s baptism. This guy progressed so fast. He basically memorized the pamphlets and 1 Nephi in two weeks and knew gospel principles that we didn´t even teach. He´s such a capo. I think the awesomest part about his conversion, however, was shown on Saturday. We made some sick invitations for him to give out to his family and friends, and he gave them out. On Saturday morning, he invited his grandma. She is "Catholic" (was baptized when she was a baby but hasn´t gone a day since), and flipped out on him. She told him "From this moment on, you won´t be my grandson." This lady basically raised him. pretty much his second mom. He told us that really got him down, but, he knew the church was true and wanted to recieve a forgiveness of his sins, keep the commandments, and serve a mission and help other people to come to know what he had come to know, and none would possible if he didn´t get baptized. He is a stud.

I feel like we worked less this week than any other week, but, we saw the biggest miracles that we have ever seen. We´ll try to work more, and get even MORE miracles.

Con amor,

Elder Brown

D&C 61: 36-37
 36 And now, verily I say unto you, and what I say unto one I say unto all, be of good cheer, little children; for I am in your midst, and I have not forsaken you;
Tomas, Elder Sousa and Elder Brown
 37 And inasmuch as you have humbled yourselves before me, the blessings of the kingdom are yours.
Talent Show Clips and Pictures




No comments:

Post a Comment